Steven E. Sampson, DO
Orthohealing Center, Los Angeles, CA
(TOBI) was established by Dr. Steven Sampson to share best practices in the cutting-edge field of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and regenerative medicine therapies.
As a pioneer in PRP, Dr. Sampson was among the first physicians in the United States to publish literature on PRP and experienced first-hand the need for networking with doctors around the world.
The Orthobiologic Institute’s live events are known for their global draw and opportunity to connect with other PRP physicans in this rapidly growing field. The Orthobiologic Institute continues to raise the bar in PRP and regenerative medicine symposiums with intensive hands-on programs and world-class informational products.
More About Dr. Steven Sampson
- Dr. Steven Sampson has been performing PRP since 2007, and is an internationally recognized expert in non-surgical orthopedics and regenerative medicine.
- He graduated from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residency as Chief Resident, at Saint Vincent Medical Center of Manhattan in New York.
- Dr Sampson is Diplomate of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Previously, he practiced at Santa Monica Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group, where he led clinical research and development of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy under ultrasound guidance.
- Dr. Sampson was among the first United States authors to publish research on PRP that continues to lay a foundation for further biologic based therapies.
- He has created instructional DVD’s on PRP utilizing musculoskeletal ultrasound which educates thousands of physicians.
- Dr. Sampson founded the Orthohealing Center in Los Angeles, CA a comprehensive state of the art facility specializing solely on non-surgical orthopedics and sports medicine. He frequently treats professional and Olympic athletes from around the globe.
- Dr. Sampson created the Orthobiologic Institute (TOBI), and chairs and moderates a world class annual regenerative medicine symposium featuring the foremost experts in tendon and cartilage disease.
- He has lectured all over the world on regenerative medicine including the United Nations Office of Geneva in Switzerland.
- Dr. Sampson maintains a balanced evidence based practice and has published many peer reviewed articles and textbook chapters on platelet rich plasma and regenerative medicine.
- Additionally he is a frequent resource for regenerative medicine in media and contributed to features in the New York Times, the LA Times, The Huffington Post, ABC 7, The Boston Herald, ESPN Radio and Grantland, NBA TV, The Doctors TV Show, and The CBS Early Show among others.
- Dr. Sampson is a clinical instructor of medicine at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Assistant Professor, Western University of Health Sciences Medical School, Adjunct Clinical Professor at Touro University, guest faculty at Loyola Marymount University, and is on staff at St. John’s Health Center of Santa Monica, CA.